Re: PDF on website

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Fri, 29 Jun 2001 08:51:31 -0700
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

At 11:18 AM 6/29/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Can I make a plea for .pdf files to be formatted to fit browsers - and not
>Letter or A4 pages? That means the file can be read onscreen without
>scrolling. So much easier for the reader.

Trevor,

Than why not create an html document? I thought pdfs were for printing out,
hence the letter or A4 sizes? And an html document is much easier to search
and deal with online anyway.

Here is an interesting article by Jakob Nielsen, "Avoid PDF for On-Screen
Reading"
http://www.useit.com/alertbox/20010610.html

just a thought.

Kimiko Drew
macruimmon(at)earthlink.net
http://home.earthlink.net/~macruimmon/
a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg