Re: OT-mail programs

by RL Autry <webmaster(at)hisgate.org>

 Date:  Mon, 23 Jul 2001 23:04:19 -0500
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 06:16 PM 7/22/2001, Noteworthy Web Designs wrote:
>I tried to set up Outlook Express to do the same thing for
>another website, but when I sent messages out, even though I set up a
>group, each and every e-mail address came out on it (I added myself to
>test it).

I agree with the last post.

You should make a "distribution list" named Noteworthy or something you can
remember to associate the list to what you want to.

Then set up another profile on your machine to send the emails to.  In the
BCC field put the distribution list and in the To  put the email for the
profile you set up to send back to yourself.
  (make the name whatever you want to)

*Important* word of caution:

But whatever you do, don't send anymore out until you have tested it and
can see for yourself that it is not sending out the emails you don't want
to be seen (this can cost you the list).

Do this by sending it to yourself as a mock up first.

Meaning place only two or three email addresses in the distribution list to
start with (all of them being ones where only you will receive mail at
different locations) then send it to yourself and read it before you loose
members by sending out their email addresses.

Thanks,
RL