Re: IE 4.0 (OT)

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2001 14:14:50 -0700
 To:  "Paul Wilson" <webguroo(at)tampabay.rr.com>,
"'techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Netscape 6 also dissapoints me.  A lot of my mapped images have been sliced
>because this allows the individual images to be linked.  It seems to put
>white borders around every cell no matter what I do.

A fellow techniques person sent me this fix for NN6 some time ago.
". When using a table to piece together graphics, use CSS to set the
desired height for the TH elements, and set font-size:1px for the TD
elements." ~ Chuck Upsdell

I found that the best advice for NN6 and table problems. It really helped
me out with a similar problem.

As for browsers in general, I am getting fed up with all the new ones
having more problems (or so it seems) than it should. One would think that
newer means improved, but no one seems to grasp that concept.

my thoughts at least.

Kimiko Drew
kimiko(at)kimiko1.com
Personal site: http://www.kimiko1.com

a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg