Re: Serif fonts

by Kimiko Drew <macruimmon(at)earthlink.net>

 Date:  Fri, 28 Sep 2001 10:23:27 -0700
 To:  "Dale" <dale(at)hiwaay.net>
 Cc:  hwg-style(at)mail.hwg.org, hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 11:29 AM 9/28/01 -0500, you wrote:
>Does anybody have
>any suggestions for a nice looking, easy to read serif font that is
>available on most PC's???

Besides the dull Times New Roman, there is Georgia that I use for a serif
font. Microsoft bundles it with most of their programs, and it was designed
for the internet, so most (although not all) browsers will pick it up.

I also suggest doing several serif fonts, such as
<.font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">
That will then catch all the possible fonts on a person's computer.

One other suggestion for a serif font is from Scriptorium.
Sirona:
http://ragnarokpress.com/scriptorium/webfonts.html

They provide it for free, for you can provide a link for others to also
download it. Its something different at least.

hth

Kimiko Drew
kimiko(at)kimiko1.com
Personal site: http://www.kimiko1.com

a web designer in The Camarilla
White Wolf's Official Fan Club

Nothing happens unless first a dream. - Carl Sandburg