Re: CSS inline question

by Virginia Blalock <virginia(at)visionsnet.com>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Oct 2001 15:28:10 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

At 12:49 PM 10/22/01 -0700, Lauren Hanka wrote:

>Oops... I left a "first:" in there, which specifies a "class." I usually use
>several link color schemes to compliment the colors of various page sections
>like this:
>
><.STYLE TYPE="text/css">
>
><!--
>a.first:link { color: #entercolorcodehere; text-decoration: underline }
>a.first:active { color: #entercolorcodehere; text-decoration: underline }
>a.first:visited { color: #entercolorcodehere; text-decoration: underline }
>a.first:hover { color: #entercolorcodehere; text-decoration: underline }
>
><./STYLE>

Yes I know I can do this but I can't make it like the above because if I
have an entire HTML file called it will eventually produce two html tags,
two body tags, etc and that won't validate and is a bit of a mess :)

I am trying to do it in this manner:

<.a href="http://www.visionsnet.com/index.html" style="color: #ffffff;
font-family: arial, verdana, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 10pt;
font-weight:bold; text-decoration: none".>Main Site</a>

- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.

http://www.visionsnet.com            http://www.esportfans.com
virginia(at)visionsnet.com                virginia(at)esportfans.com