Re: Passing Form Variables Through a Second Form

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Oct 2001 11:01:37 +1100
 To:  Ben Ocean <lists(at)TheWebsons.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 02:12 PM 10/29/01 -0800, Ben Ocean wrote:
>I need to have visitors fill out a form <POST> then fill out a second form
>THEN collect the data. I do not want to pass variables using a script
>through tagging them to the end of an url after a ? mark. Any idea how to
>do this?

Depending on the technology you are using, you could use session variables
to hold the data in between pages, or rely on the POST method instead of
GET and place the data in hidden form fields.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156