Re: Table Width/Heights

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Sun, 10 Feb 2002 09:38:51 +0000
 To:  HWG Techniques Email List <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 17:02 09/02/02 -0500, Nathan wrote:
<snip/>
>Anyway, I'm curious if anyone knows anything definitive about why Netscape
>(several versions) interpret a height of 100% to mean beyond the bottom of
>the window. Is it going by screen height or something?
<snip/>

There is no height attribute for TABLE. Some browsers (including Netscape
4.x) make a table with height="100%" the height of the viewport. This means
if there is something - even whitespace - above the table the bottom of the
table will be pushed below the viewport - because the table is the height
of the viewport but starts below the top of it.

I can't think of any obvious solutions, but if you send a URL I'll look
into it for you.

Andrew