Re: Image Theft Software

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 18 Feb 2002 21:32:26 +0000
 To:  "HWG Techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 14:29 18/02/02 -0500, Valerie L. Criswell wrote:
>*Sigh*  Does anyone know of a good, cheap piece of software that I can
>install on the server to detect websites that are using images on your
>server by linking to them?

Chances are your server is already recording all the information you need.
What server do you use and what log files do you have access to? It should
just be a matter of going through the logs and looking for HTTP_REFERER for
image files that don't come from your site.

I could give some more specific advice if you let me know what server you
use (or tell me your URL)

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/