Re: URL Question, hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Thu, 28 Feb 2002 23:48:34 +0000
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 16:17 28/02/02 -0600, Linda Mercer/Wishstar wrote:
>I know that building our search engine, it can't spider the link without
>the slash at the end of the URL so my  uneducated guess is that the
>difference in handling the URL with and without the slash may be related
>to CGI scripts?
<snip/>

It is certainly more common to see CGI URIs without a trailing slash or
.something, but a URI without a trailing slash or .something is not
necessarily a CGI. It sounds like your search engine can't deal with the
redirection that URIs like http://www.example.com return.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/