Re: HR tag in table

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)>

 Date:  Fri, 01 Mar 2002 21:38:49 +0000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:36 28/02/02 -0500, Laurie Davis-Covin wrote:
>I'm working with XHTML transitional.

Cross platform HRs using CSS are tricky. As you are using transitional, why
not use the width attribute in the HR?

If you want the HR to be a % width, setting the left and right margins
might work. Its been a while since I experimented with this though. For
example, if you wanted the HR to be 50% wide and center aligned, you could

<.hr style="margin-left:25%; margin-right:25%">

And if you wanted it to be 100px wide, you could try

<.hr style="width 100px; margin-left: auto; margin-right: auto;">

But I'd be surprised if it worked (although it is the correct way to center
align a block level element like HR).