Re: Start with HTML or XHTML? (slightly OT)

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 13 Mar 2002 19:21:56 +0000
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 13:13 13/03/02 -0500, cbirds(at)earthlink.net wrote:
<snip/>
>  I would think that customers who want
>the most for their money would balk at your extra cost that is incurred
>by your using "strict" whateveitis and that it also prevents other users
>from seeing it.
<snip/>

Strict XHTML 1.0 will take less time to write and will be more widely
viewable than, say, HTML 4.01 Transitional. One of the wonderful things
about strict is that it degrades gracefully, most of the time. Apparently
it also renders faster on older browsers, but I haven't personally
investigated this.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/