Re: MSSmartTagsPreventParsing.. What about the other ones?

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Apr 2002 07:32:27 +0100
 To:  "HWG list" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 19:03 21/04/02 -0400, cbirds(at)earthlink.net wrote:
>In fact, if I use that to code, every
>other browser works perfectly even if I had never checked it.

Netscape 4 works well with only a subset of valid HTML, which is why you
never have problems. I think its the worst browser because it doesn't
degrade consistently, particularly with CSS. Sometimes it will do something
sensible, other times it will be a bit mad.

>  It's the
>lightest most stable and least intrusive of all the browsers

The most stable (and to some extent lightest) browser depends on so many
different factors. A stable browser on one machine can be a crash meister
on another.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/