Re: what's a 'block element?' was: reliable way to float a block of text?

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Apr 2002 07:58:10 +0100
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 18:20 23/04/02 -0400, Lisa Bradshaw wrote:
>Ahhhaaaaa! Veeeerrryyy interesting. That makes sense.  What if you aligned
>the table to the left? Would it work the same? I know tables are left
>aligned by default, but what if you specified align="left" in the table tag?
>Would it still be the same as float: left? Just curious.

align='left' has the same effect, but reversed,if you see what I mean.

This is a good example of why the presentational aspects of HTML are bad.
align='right' behaves one way if you use it in a table element, and another
way if you use it in a p. Although there are more properties in CSS the way
they behave doesn't really change with the element they are applied to.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/