Re: CSS replacing tables for format

by Andrew McFarland <aamcf(at)aamcf.co.uk>

 Date:  Wed, 24 Apr 2002 08:06:31 +0100
 To:  "HWG Techniques Email List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 21:20 23/04/02 -0400, Mike Taylor wrote:
>Regarding CSS replacing tables in general....has this been confirmed that
>tables will be officially deprecated?  I couldn't find anything in XHTML
>indicating this to be the case.

Tables are not being deprecated.

Using tables as a layout tool is frowned upon though. Tables should be used
for tabular data, not for layout.

Of course, you can[1] use display: table-cell and its kin to achieve the
same effect

[1] By which I mean "you will be able to when browsers commonly support" etc.

Andrew

--
http://aamcf.co.uk/