RE: A web designer's job?

by Norman Bunn <norman.bunn(at)craftedsolutions.com>

 Date:  Tue, 30 Jul 2002 14:34:27 -0400
 To:  "HWG-Techniques List" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
With my clients, I find that they are interested in solutions to their
problems and not what I necessarily consider my forte'.  In fact, this past
week I have taken the following roles:
- graphics designer
- photographer
- HTML jockey
- computer guru (transferring files from the old PC to the new)
- DSL consultant
- software evaluator
- site graphics optimizer
- not to mention all the other tasks of being a one man shop (marketing,
networking, accounting, ...)

I charge the same rate regardless, so I don't really mind.  Now, if at some
point I get soooo much business that I can afford to specialize, then my
story might change.

Norman
www.craftedsolutions.com

>I have a client who wanted to put his catalog online in PDF format.
><snip>

>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought it was the web designer's job
>to design the backgrounds, navigation buttons/bars, and adjust/resize
>pictures to put on a web site, do the layout and functionality of the
>web site, etc., to make it work properly for the intention for which
>it was created.

<snip>