RE: shoshkeles

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Fri, 04 May 2001 09:22:19 -0500
 To:  "Varnes,
Jeff" <JVarnes(at)americasmedia.com>,
"Hwg-Techniques@Hwg. Org" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:17 AM 5/4/2001 -0400, Varnes, Jeff wrote:
>Dunno, but it looks similar and it uses CSS and javascript.... and it
>represents a damn annoying new trend of advertising about to hit the web.

Thank you!

Here I thought I was just an old fuddy-duddy with a 4-year-old that is
quickly turning into an advertiser's dream (*More Ovaltine please*)

I know, advertising and product sales pay the rent here too, but those
shoshkeles were really annoying and the samples put up interfered with
content really bad -- and, I thought the mock up one on DiscoveryKids was
in bad taste even if Discovery /is/ a commercial enterprise -- kids want to
discover something other than the latest and greatest advertising gimmick.

Just my old fuddy-duddy opinion -- kinda makes me miss animated gifs.

<tamara />