Amer Eng (was Re: Alta Vista submission

by Tamara <tamara(at)abbeyink.com>

 Date:  Wed, 16 May 2001 07:38:43 -0500
 To:  David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:20 AM 5/16/2001 +0000, David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk wrote:
>And I agree about American English cropping into our language - I do it
>all the
>time but I will admit it's mainly due to the current "text message
>generation".
>Because the US language is so much lazier with shorter words ("thru", for
>example, being one I use a lot) it's a lot easier to revert to those words ;o)
>Plus, as has been said, languages like HTML insist on them.

u know I think im gonna disagree. IMO lazy is not the reason.

Rats, I can't do it, I'm trying to use shorthands like my daughter does and
word abortions like thru are not US English -- it's AIM English.

So, please don't think all of us in the US use the Instant Message and
e-mail spellings outside of e-mail.

And, now that I've thought about it -- thru and through?? Hmm, lazy?

Or, just efficient?

;-)

<tamara />