Re: ALT tags

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Jun 2001 06:59:47 -0400
 To:  David.Artiss(at)boots.co.uk
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:33 AM 08/06/01 +0000, you wrote:
>Ok, my second question of the day already but I hope it's just a quickie...
>
>I'm bad at leaving out ALT tags. Yes, yes, I know, it probably makes me the
>devils child or something but I'm cleaning up my act. Does anybody know of=
>simple utility that will scan my pages and prompt me for missing ALT tags.=
 I'm
>sure I used to have something. But then again I thought Arachnophilia had=
 the
>option too.

Try CSE's HTMLValidator (http://www.htmlvalidator.com).  It will not only=20
find all missing ALT attributes but also other HTML syntax errors like=20
improperly nested tags and any other invalid markup.  It's not as stringent=
=20
as the W3C Validating services but it's highly customizable and its error=20
messages are often less cryptic.  As far as client side HTML checkers go,=20
it is the best there is and integrates well with a variety of HTML editors=
=20
including HomeSite and NoteTab Pro.

HTH!

St=E9phane Bergeron