RE: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by =?iso-8859-1?Q?St=E9phane?= Bergeron <stephberg(at)videotron.ca>

 Date:  Tue, 07 Aug 2001 07:18:51 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:15 AM 07/08/01 +0100, you wrote:
>Maria
>
>I wouldn't describe Nathan's approach as SPAM, especially if the emails=20
>are sent, and addressed individually. It is advertising and client=20
>seeking. Are we to stop Coca Cola billboards, junk mail, adverts in=20
>newspapers and magazines? You added a lovely piece of SPAM in your email=20
>to Nathan - urging us all to look at your site, use your services.

What Nathan sent was unsolicited advertising and he also stated that the=20
message he sent was "generic" so it was NOT targeted or personalized. It=20
was definitely SPAM to me and I would have reported it to SpamCop=20
immediately, no questions asked.  You would be surprised how little SPAM I=
=20
get now since I have started being ruthless about reporting unsolicited=20
emails to SpamCop.  I get enough mail as it is and I definitely do not need=
=20
anyone writing to tell me my Web site sucks (I'm sure he didn't use this=20
language...).  I don't believe that it's a good marketing strategy no=20
matter how you look at it.

St=E9phane Bergeron