RE: Advertising (Hopefully List Appropriate)

by Blue Tapp <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Tue, 07 Aug 2001 22:53:38 -0500
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
All right I HAVE to say something to this even though I know I will be flamed.

There is nothing unethical about offering a quality service for a fair price.  Just because someone has previously used the services of a particular web site developer does not mean that they should be for some reason sheltered from the marketing of all other web site developers forever and ever amen.  If someone buys one brand of detergent should they then turn off the television every time a competitor's commercial comes on?  It is NOT unethical for Coca Cola to try to get a Pepsi drinker to sample their products.  What would be unethical is if I filled up a Coca Cola can with colored water and sold that as Coca Cola or if I spread lies that Pepsi's product contained contaminants.  Calling a potential client to offer your services is NOT unethical.  If that potential client is interested in being educated about the legitimate truthful problems with their current product, it is NOT unethical to tell them.  That's capitalism.  That is strategic marketing.  That is smart busine!
ss.

Blue

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design