Re: non-editable text area

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Wed, 22 Aug 2001 19:38:32 -0700
 To:  woodduck(at)mbay.net,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Input boxes are for user input. Period.  If used them differently than what
the user expects, the problem belongs to the code designer and not the user.

If you are relying on a multi-page order form where page one provides for
inputting data by the user, then use the input boxes as intended.  When the
user submits the page for verification prior to final submission, the data
collected can be displayed via JavaScript and thus prevent any user
modification.