Re: Switch to SSI & have question

by Blue Tapp <blue(at)bluesarthouse.com>

 Date:  Sat, 13 Oct 2001 08:36:43 -0500
 To:  HWG Techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
I am slowly adding ssi to a 500+ page site.  It's a pain but when I'm done,
I will be able to do sitewide changes to this site quickly for the first
time in the five years I've maintained it.  Users of this site have all
kinds of pages bookmarked so I've had to leave the .html version of each
page in the directory so that no one gets 'page not found' error
messages.  I put a link on each page to the new one and an auto
redirect.  I guess it's not an easy way, but is necessary and maybe someone
else will know a better way to do this.  You can see one of the old pages
with a redirect here: http://www.sportsteam.com/basketballjerseys2.html
HTH!
Blue

At 07:08 PM 10/13/2001 -0500, you wrote:
>I just re-did a personal site where I used SSI for navigation. My visits
>dropped off a LOT this past week because of this(since the files are now
>.shtml). Is there an easy way to re-direct or make it to where people come
>to the right place even if they have old URLs?
>

>"They that can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary
>safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."
>- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759.
>
>http://www.visionsnet.com            http://www.esportfans.com
>virginia(at)visionsnet.com                virginia(at)esportfans.com

Blue Tapp
Blue's ArtHouse Graphics & Web Design
705 North Florissant Road
Ferguson, MO 63135
(314) 839-0634
fax: (314) 839-1557
e-mail: blue(at)bluesarthouse.com
alt. e-mail: bluesarthouse(at)hotmail.com
url: www.bluesarthouse.com

"Time to get a web site!"