Re: OS Blues (was: Linux)

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 02 Nov 2001 17:34:09 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  davida51 <davida51(at)swbell.net>, bryan.westbrook(at)amd.com
  todo: View Thread, Original
Apparently the O/S blues is worse for those who purchase a new PC with XP
already installed.  In many cases, the recovery disk is actually just a
partition on the hard drive so if you have a failure of some sort, you can
lose everything.  Since you have no external recovery disk, such as a CD to
restore your system, especially with a HD failure, you could end up way out
of luck.  Making things worse, I hear you cannot create a CD recovery disk
from the recovery disk partition.