Re: off topic - e-mail software

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Tue, 27 Nov 2001 10:31:12 -0800
 To:  "hwg techniques" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "Lisa Bradshaw" <zibbler(at)mediaone.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
If you have Preview set up with Outlook, you can read email without opening
it.  However, the script kiddies are getting so sophisticated that actually
previewing an email can cause problems.

You are not alone in your M$ frustration.  Read this from
http://www.netaction.org/notes/notes77.html#outlook

"Virtually every Internet virus and/or worm causing widespread damage today
has been propagated by using Microsoft software, principally Microsoft
Outlook, and Microsoft Internet Information Server. It is these two
programs which are badly designed and extremely insecure which should be
targeted as virus launchers, which is what they are." In a later message he
added, "Using Outlook as a mail client is like going on holiday and leaving
your house not only unlocked, but leaving the doors and windows wide open."

As the article suggests, the email client in Netscape, as well as Eudora is
the route to go.