RE: Opening a page & submitting a form at same time, Lo-tech styl e

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 30 Nov 2001 14:12:03 -0800
 To:  "'HWG Techniques'" <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
 Cc:  "'Complex'" <complex_hwg(at)yahoo.com>, Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:16 AM 11/30/01 +0100, Klaas De Waele wrote:
> > I am unaware of any web form that does not require some level
> > of server
> > interaction to make it operate, i.e., CGI.
>
>action=mailto:you(at)whatever.com

This requires the dubious user dependency.  Instead of the web developer
doing all the work to create a web form and backend scripts, it relies upon
the user, the user's email client, the user's email server, the user's
backend support, etc., to effect an email submission.  IMHO, it is a lazy,
amateur and slipshod approach when it comes to web forms.