Re: Is this is search engine trick?

by Kukla Fran and Ollie <weblists2001(at)>

 Date:  Thu, 13 Dec 2001 10:03:48 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)
 Cc:  Mike Taylor <lonewolf(at)>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:53 AM 12/13/01 -0500, Mike Taylor wrote:
>Recently I saw the following on top of someone's HTML source:
><META NAME="keywords" CONTENT="xxxxx xxxxx">
><META NAME="description" CONTENT="xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx">
>Is this some sort of new trick to affect search engines?
>Mike Taylor

Looks like someone used a template and forgot to include the META
content.  Before I left one organization I created a number of templates
for those who replaced me.  When I look at the site now and read the source
code, it's obvious those I left behind never read the web manual I wrote
for them.. All the pages have the same "insert your keywords here" and
"insert your description here" instead of the actual META content!

Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free (at) address at