Re: Another IE questions

by Jeff Nelson <nelsonj(at)telocity.com>

 Date:  Wed, 09 Jan 2002 22:04:30 -0500
 To:  Klaas De Waele <klaas(at)gracegraphics.be>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Klass,

Ten times a day is indeed excessive. I've never had IE crash on an NT system.
The fact that this phenomenon occurs on more than one system would suggest
a common denominator. I would try the following to attempt to narrow down
the problem:

1. Do the machines exhibiting the problem have the same hardware profile?
If so, try installing on a machine that does not share any of the hardware
characteristics of the offending systems.

2. Use fresh binaries for your IE/flash install. Use a different CD for
your OS install, thus eliminating any possibility of a corrupt file.

3. Setup a new machine on a different network or better yet, as a stand-alone.

Let me know how it goes.

Good Luck!
Jeff