RE: Cold Fusion

by Linda Mercer/Wishstar <catnip(at)ais.net>

 Date:  Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:39:54 -0600
 To:  <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Um.. can someone explain to me what cold fusion is and does? That URL=20
leaves me totally confused and half of the links don't open for me. Does it=
=20
only work with IE and only if "active X" components are downloaded and=20
installed?

Linda

At 07:01 AM 1/29/02, you wrote:
>Hi Rebecca,
>
>http://www.houseoffusion.com/, http://www.houseoffusion.com/,
>http://www.houseoffusion.com/ :]
>
>House of fusion is the best mailing list for the ColdFusion Community
>and assistance.
>
>If you find yourself wanting to learn a development methodology I would
>suggest Fusebox. Fusebox is a free framework created by the
>collaborative research of over 200 professional web developers. It's the
>most popular methodology at the moment and growing in advocates,
>including myself. There is also a PHP version of Fusebox available, but
>unfortunately not for ASP. Visit http://www.fusebox.org/ and
>http://www.halhelms.com/ for more details.
>
>You will also find the Fusebox Newbie Guide, by Katherine Butterly
>helpful. You can grab it from
>http://bombusbee.com/index.php?fuseaction=3Ddownloads. This guide applies
>to both ColdFusion and PHP.
>
>Macromedia's repository of custom tags can be found at
>http://devex.macromedia.com/developer/gallery/ and the ColdFusion
>Support Forums are located at
>http://webforums.macromedia.com/coldfusion/.
>
>You may also find http://www.cfmcentral.com/ of some use.
>
>Good books include:
>
>Author: Steve Nelson - http://www.secretagents.com
>Fusebox : Methodology & Techniques, ColdFusion Edition
>

>Author: Ben Forta - http://www.forta.com
>ColdFusion 5 Web Application Construction Kit
>Advanced Macromedia ColdFusion 5 Application Development
>Sam's Teach Yourself SQL in 10 Minutes (2nd Edition)
>Certified ColdFusion 5 Developer Study Guide
>Macromedia Coldfusion 5 Language Reference
>

>Author: Arman Danesh - http://www.juxta.com/main.cfm?SID=3D16
>Mastering ColdFusion 5
>

>Author: Michael J. Hernandez - http://www.datatexcg.com
>Database Design for Mere Mortals : A Hands-On Guide to Relational
>Database Design
>
>Peace,
>
>Mike
>
> >> I'm looking to teach myself Cold Fusion.  I currently
> > know ASP, JSP, Javascript, VBscript etc and a little
> > bit of PHP and Perl.  I'd consider myself a moderate
> > level web developer whose background is in
> > programming.  Any suggestions for good online
> > resources and books?

=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=
=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7

"There is no better exercise for your heart than reaching
down and helping to lift someone up"  - Bernard Meltzer
Feline Rescue Network at www.felinerescue.net

=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=
=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7=AB=A4=BB=A5=AB=A4=BB=A7

The Feline Rescue Network specializes in linking up
great homes with great kitties. Join Operation Noble
Foster and offer a foster home for the cats of the
Military while they are away protecting us
http://www.felinerescue.net/noblefoster/intro.htm