off-topic - spam was Re: ads done well

by ClassAct <classactdesign(at)yahoo.com>

 Date:  Fri, 01 Feb 2002 21:55:54 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>From: "cbirds(at)earthlink.net" <cbirds(at)earthlink.net>
>
>I wouldn't consider it failing when they block hundreds of spam emails
>from coming to me each day with their "Spaminator" software.

He and Elizabeth Davies are right. I've been using Earthlink since early
1997 (before I used AOL aka spam country and a number of others). I did
have a few spam problems but mostly due to my ignorance. When they started
"Spaminator" it eliminated most of the spam. Spaminator is an option the
client has to activate.

Earthlink is a reliable ISP. Their service is superb and they won't
disappear on you in the future. They have the funds (Sprint) to upgrade
their equipment and can be used anywhere including Europe (without
webmail). These are important issues to those of us that make a living on
the Internet. As for hosting, they are a bit expensive so I don't recommend
them often to my clients but I did as an ISP for my mother...  :-)

BTW, I don't let politics and religion affect my decision. I don't have a
clue as to why I would or would not choose an ISP just because they do or
not support my views. Call me dense!

Nora S.