Re: hyphens in domain names?

by Collette McNeill <collette(at)mlwebworks.com>

 Date:  Mon, 15 Apr 2002 13:48:49 -0700
 To:  <amcbainezzell(at)alum.mit.edu>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Six of one is a half-dozen of the other. Or was that HalfDozen?

If you reserve both names, as well as "finemeralds.com" to catch
misspellings, you cover your bases and only need to decide which name to
advertise.  It's cheap enough nowadays ($9/yr/name on godaddy.com) and your
friend can change her mind later after receiving real feedback from real
visitors.

If I were you I'd pick the hyphenated domain name to advertise. It'd be
more understandable in teeny tiny type. Studies show that more complicated
domain names don't impact site traffic the way they did in the 20th century.
:)
Collette
collette(at)mlwebworks.com
McNeill/Lynner WebWorks
We're too busy to update our home page. Go to our latest work:
http://www.aesthetechs.com