Re: Netscape Form Validation

by Robin Liston <rliston(at)cox.net>

 Date:  Thu, 18 Apr 2002 18:24:48 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Is you form enclosed in a layer?

If so, any reference you make to the form elements or the form in NN4 has
to be preceded by document.layer['layer_name']
e.g.
document.layer['layer_name'].document.forms[0].submit()

the above statement won't work in IE, so you'll have to detect the browser
and serve up the appropriate statement.

Also I think NN4 chokes if the form tag is inside of a table.

HTH