Re: MSSmartTagsPreventParsing

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Sat, 20 Apr 2002 21:59:50 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Angel One" <angelone(at)angelonearth.net>
  todo: View Thread, Original
Smart tags were implemented in betas of IE 6, but NOT in the final,
released version of IE 6 that people are using today.  So the META tags are
not necessary ...... however, I put them in anyway, just in case Microsoft
changes its mind later on.

At 09:22 PM 04/20/02, you wrote:
>     Hi Everyone,
>     Smart tags, huh? Know what? I'm going to add a re-direct on all my sites
>for folks using I.E.6 to a page telling them I refuse to submit my websites
>to a browser that adds content without my consent, & would they please use a
>browser other than I.E.6+ to access this website! Explain how they work;
>then add links to everything I can find on smart tags. I prefer that to
>HAVING to add meta tags to EVERY  &^$##$% PAGE!!! Sure I will loose
>business, & it's not that much trouble to add the tags, but I refuse to
>allow MONEY to force me bow down to corporate america. GREED is the biggest
>problem we have in this country! Maybe folks will wake up one day & no
>longer let corporate america walk all over them!!! SCREW MICROSH*T.
>     OK sorry for the political soapbox I started out just putting forth an
>idea.......(guess I got worked up). <grin> - I'm a stubborn old fart.
>     I would appreciate any links that you would think useful for the page.

-
Chuck Upsdell
Email:     cupsdell(at)upsdell.com
Website:   http://www.upsdell.com/