Re: Netscape 7 stuff again (Sort of OT)

by Collette McNeill <collette(at)mlwebworks.com>

 Date:  Tue, 09 Jul 2002 06:50:35 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Hi everyone, and please forgive me for picking up an old thread,

At 02:55 PM 7/2/02 -0700, Al Sessions wrote:
>Several good (meaning more powerful filtering, better security, better
>support for multiple accounts, and increased server-side options)
>alternatives would be:
>
>Eudora- (http://eudora.com/) still free if you can tolerate a relatively
>unobtrusive ad.
>
>The Bat- (http://www.ritlabs.com/the_bat/) sophisticated scriptability and
>filtering, fairly complex, but probably the most versatile Windows email
>app out there.
>
>PocoMail- (http://www.pocomail.com/) very secure out of the box, good
>built in spam blockers and skinnable.
>
>I've used all three extensively but tend to drift back to Eudora.

Can someone point me to a utility or method which would allow me, on mac OS
9.1, to convert Netscape 4.7 and 6.x messenger mailboxes to be readable by
Eudora or another mail client?  Netscape crashes my Macs.  I'm campaigning
for a policy of using NN only for site testing at my office to reign in
downtime & IT costs... the biggest challenge to this will be getting people
off of Messenger.

Thanks in advance,
Collette.