Re: Netscape 4.7 and tables.

by Collette McNeill <collette(at)mlwebworks.com>

 Date:  Tue, 16 Jul 2002 13:25:06 -0700
 To:  Kid Stevens <Kidstevens(at)comcast.net>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Thanks for your suggestion, Kid,

I made the changes you recommended. Unfortunately, it didn't help the
problem I see: the embedded autograph table cells display not a white
background which is what I see in IE, but morphed copies of the book image
that appears in the 1st table cell background.

http://www.mlwebworks.com/jstv/centennial.html
My intent on this page is to display a readable list of autographs on a
white background hovering above the repeating image of the book which
contains these autographs.  It doesn't appear correctly in NN 4.7/Mac OS
9.2 and apparently, in any of the browsers you listed below...although I
saw it OK in IE5 on my OS9.2...

Any help is appreciated
Collette

At 01:36 PM 7/16/02 -0600, Kid Stevens offers a helping hand: