Re: Embed within an Anchor

by Mario Figueiredo <marfig(at)netcabo.pt>

 Date:  Mon, 16 Sep 2002 22:59:32 +0100
 To:  Rob Atkinson <robatkinson(at)nucleus.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
Use the "object" tag instead of embed. It's HTML 4 and supported by both
IE3+ and NN4+.
I'm not sure of the problem you talk about being also an issue with the
object tag. But to my litle  knowledge of Flash, if it's intended to be a
link, it should be created that way on your flash editing tool.

Otherwise, you may want to try to enclose the object in a div and then wrap
the whole thing in a "a" tag. This is strictly of the top of my head. I
really never tried that before.

But, I guess, is something you can try at home :)

Regards,
Mario Figueiredo