Re: Trial period possible?

by Collette McNeill <collette(at)mlwebworks.com>

 Date:  Fri, 06 Dec 2002 13:49:17 -0800
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

At 07:43 AM 12/7/02 +1100, you wrote:
>Just wondering if anyone out there knows of a way to write html code that
>will effectively disable itself after a certain time period?
>
>Here's my situation... I have made a small web site for someone, but I don't
>exactly trust them to stop using it (in the event that I am not paid for
>the work)
>Is it possible to set a "trial period" so that he will no longer be able
>to access/use it
>without my permission?
>
>Silly question, I know... but I really don't have a clue!
>
>Thanks...
>
>Cleo...

Hi Cleo

Better to have a contract and 50% deposit, or keep finished work offline
until you're paid. (IE, demo the finished site on your computer, or from
your CD on your client's computer.) HTML itself is inherently insecure, and
measures you take to protect work served up online are probably not worth
the effort.

Should you be doing business with an entity whom you suspect won't pay you?

Collette McNeill
------
Are you an animal lover? Then you will love our new site!
"A Bird's Story" can be found at http://www.cafeshops.com/a_birds_story