RE: Search

by Robin Liston <rliston(at)cox.net>

 Date:  Wed, 09 Apr 2003 23:30:12 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I remember there being a dearth of information when I was also trying to
set up index server (aka index services).

This is a good starting place:

http://www.windowswebsolutions.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=20593
and
http://www.windowswebsolutions.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=21223

If that doesn't help let me know. I cobbled my info together from the
built-in help docs, MS knowledge base docs, and MSDN docs. My docs are for
an older version of Index Server, but I can get a list together of the
document titles/URLs if the articles above don't help you.

It was a b*tch to set up because of the lack of docs, but now that it is
set up it works effortlessly.

In addition to searching HTML pages, mine is set up to search word
documents and PDF files. I also set it up to recognize custom meta tags so
I can categorize documents by department, author, etc. I use it on my
company's intranet.

HTH

At 10:53 PM 04/09/2003 -0700, you wrote