RE: Please help: layout (float?) problem in Netscape 6 (Windows)

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Thu, 05 Feb 2004 20:47:10 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  "Peekstok, Anna" <Anna.Peekstok(at)METROKC.GOV>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 07:13 PM 02/05/04, you wrote:
> > Hmm, looks fine here in Mozilla Firebird 0.7 ... I guess
> > you (or Mozilla.org) fixed something.
>
>No, I haven't fixed anything -- still messed up in Netscape 6 for Windows.

An important point to remember is that Netscape 6 uses betas of Mozilla's
Gecko engine.  The first non-beta appeared in Netscape 7.  Anyone using
Netscape 6 is being extremely foolish:  it uses a version of Gecko that has
many bugs; and it has uncorrected security vulnerabilities.

I believe that sites should support all browsers used by a significant
number of visitors -- even to the extent of supporting the dwindling number
of IE4 and NN4 users -- but I draw the line at betas:  I do not support
betas that have been superceded by official releases.  Perhaps you may want
to consider doing the same, instead displaying a message advising Netscape
6 users that they upgrade to a more stable browser.