RE: Create Top Drop Down Menus with CSS and/or JS

by Charles A Upsdell <cupsdell(at)upsdell.com>

 Date:  Sat, 12 Feb 2005 10:51:02 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

>Try this tutorial.
>
>http://www.htmldog.com/articles/suckerfish/dropdowns/

This is a solution that works with pure CSS, except that IE's failure to
support CSS properly requires a bit of JavaScript for it.

I use this solution but I had to modify it quite a bit because it has
cross-browser problems.  For example, the JavaScript needed by IE will also
be run by some versions of Opera:  it will be necessary to put in a better
browser sniffer so that Opera does not run it.  Also, IE has major problems
with z-index, and Opera has some problems, so you often have to tweak the
CSS to make it work reliably with IE and Opera.

-
Chuck Upsdell, www.upsdell.com
Note: to ensure I receive your eMail, please send in plain text, and avoid
words commonly found in spam; otherwise your eMail may be blocked before it
gets to me.