Re: ASP?

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Mon, 22 Jul 2002 09:15:00 +1000
 To:  The McKane Group <rwm(at)themckanegroup.com>
 Cc:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
G'Day Bob,

At 03:50 PM 21/07/2002 -0400, you wrote:
>I have a client that would like to have  an opening page with three columns.
>One a product choice column, one a type of group choice and one with an area
>of country map choice.  He would like the visitor to make a choice in each
>of the columns before being able to go on to the next page which would then
>be an appropriate page for the choices made in the three columns.  Is this
>done by ASP or some other language?  I assume it cannot be done by HTML or
>XHTML.

It is certainly something that requires scripting.

It could be done via client-side scripting, although that would only work
for those with JavaScript capability.  Server-side programming (such as
ASP) would be a better way to go.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156