Re: Hosting Company

by Al Sessions <al(at)oldforgefd.org>

 Date:  Sat, 22 Jun 2002 10:07:24 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 08:34 PM 6/20/2002 -0500, you wrote:
>Has anyone ever heard of Sell Internet Access.com?
>
>http://www.sellinternetaccess.com/

Run, run fast. Keep running.

The first time I looked at this site I thought it was a joke. The only time
I've seen anything similar was channel surfing at 3AM, came across some guy
with a bad comb-over and a midget sidekick selling a real estate scheme on
channel 37. I think the testimonials were even written by the same people,
"Until I signed up fer Drubnicks plan ah was werkin' at McDonalds... now
runnin' a fryer is a tougher job than you think. But now that I own 19
ISP's, I can afford to eat there too."

 From the site,

"And since we are wanting to get one ISP in every city, we will take the
referrals. Here is what happens when you send someone to us:

"We pay you $3.75 per month, assuming they pay their monthly dues.

"We pay you a percentage of their entire business, 5% in most cases.

"If they recruit someone, we pay you on that also. Down to 7 levels.

"We provide you with a free affiliate website at seventhpower.biz to make
it easy to sign up your friends to be an ISP."

Can you say, "multi-level marketing"? This is a pyramid scheme cloaked in
technobabble. I'm not even sure it's legal.

But look at all he offers, a control panel (gee, now there's an idea), a
whopping 20M of storage for your personal ISP site, unlimited email
addresses... and, best of all, it's PayPal capable. All for only $74.99 a
month after an initial $297.00. Why do I have a feeling there's only one
person making any money here? Look around some more, you can get twice the
account for a tenth of the price.

As someone else pointed out this guy is plastered all over
news.admin.net-abuse.sightings . He's a blatant spammer and I would
*strongly* advise not associating yourself with him. This would not be a
good move for your reputation.