Re: Microsoft Publisher - Why *not* to use it

by Al Sessions <al(at)oldforgefd.org>

 Date:  Fri, 09 Aug 2002 14:10:02 -0700
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 10:25 AM 8/9/2002 -0600, you wrote:
>Yep looks just like the Dreamweaver generated page I am cleaning up.

Okay, I'll bite and jump to the defense of DW.

After playing with MX for a couple of weeks now I find myself surprised at
the clean markup it generates. A quick run through the XHTML conversion
cleanup and the output validates and even looks decent. You simply can't
put a properly configured Dreamweaver in the same class as Microsoft Publisher.

>Hand coding RULES.  Yes it might take more time but the results can be
>lean and fast, reliable.

I'm loathe to even address this topic lest it lead to another endless
wysiwyg loop. However, there isn't all that much difference between DW in
code view and a text editor, like any other tool it's how you use it that
matters.