Re: What shall we do with the W3C DOM?

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Fri, 08 Nov 2002 14:04:28 +1100
 To:  Steve Mount <steve(at)saltyrain.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original

I never said it would be easy :-)

>Their customers may still be using version 4 broswers, or lower.
>I sill have a few IE 3 and NN 2 users hit my sites every so often, not to
>mention Lynx.  By using HTML, I know the latest browsers can see my content,
>and so can the older ones.

But that's what I'm saying!  Let's say your XSLT transforms your page into
two versions - "old HTML" and "CSS-enhanced".

Or simply add a different CSS for NN vs IE viewers.  Yes, SSI can do this
now, but only at a basic level.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156