re:another form question

by Christopher Higgs <chiggs(at)unimelb.edu.au>

 Date:  Tue, 11 May 2004 12:52:04 +1000
 To:  Mkear <mkear(at)afpwebworks.com>,
hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
 Cc:  susanfriesen(at)telus.net
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:04 PM 10/05/2004 +0000, Mkear wrote:
>Drop down menus (choose one only)

This is actually a SELECT element.  If the SIZE of the SELECT window is 1,
then that equates to a "drop down menu"

It is possible using the to set the SIZE attribute wider than that (which
initiates scroll bars if necessary).  Using the MULTIPLE attribute, you can
allow the selection of multiple items (eg through the use of the CTRL key).

I'm not surer how well your users would cope with the concept of multiple
selections from such a list (I've found it great for experienced users, but
beyond most users), nor how it would affect accessibility issues.

Chris Higgs
Manager, New Learning Technology
ILFR, University of Melbourne
http://www.landfood.unimelb.edu.au/
Phone: +61 3 8344 9749  Fax: + 61 3 9348 2156