Re: How do I do this?

by Norman Bunn <norman.bunn(at)craftedsolutions.com>

 Date:  Fri, 05 Sep 2003 10:20:00 -0400
 To:  "Johnson,
Mark AD-Staff" <JohnsonM(at)issaquah.wednet.edu>,
"'hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org '" <hwg-techniques(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 09:40 AM 9/5/2003, Johnson, Mark    AD-Staff wrote:
>I would like to add a glossary to one of my sites.  I'd like to have a
>definition for a term appear when the user hovers over the term.  I picture
>this as something similar to the 'tool tips' in an MS Office application.
>
>I've tried and can't make somthing like this.  How do I do this?
>
>Thanks much.
>
>Mark

One way to handle this is to add a span tag around the item with a title
associated with it.

Of course, you may want to change the color by applying a style to the tag
via a class or inline.

Norman