Re: Form to email "from" field help needed

by Gary Krockover <gary(at)garykrockover.com>

 Date:  Mon, 25 Oct 2004 23:39:29 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
I like NMS when my only option is cgi, however if you want less code,
here's a simple mail form written in WebDNA - I'm sure PHP would be
similar, with perhaps just a tad more code:

(curly brackets substituted for angled brackets for the HTML portion)

{!-- page with form --}
{form method="post" action="landingpage.html"}
Please enter your email address: <input type="text" name="email"><br>
Please enter your comments: <input type="textarea" name="comments"></textarea>
{/form}

{!-- landing page --}
{h1}Thank you, your email has been sent!{/h1}
[SendMail to=[email]&from=me(at)myhost.com&subject=Your email form]
Here is what you have submitted: [comments]
[/SendMail]

GK