Re[2]: off topic - e-mail software

by Lisa Bradshaw <zibbler(at)mediaone.net>

 Date:  Wed, 28 Nov 2001 09:01:27 -0500
 To:  hwg-techniques <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
 I just downloaded EPrompter last night. Not sure how to use it yet. I
 also downloaded Pegasis mail and Bat mail. I'm not impressed with
 Pegasis so far. It gives me about 8 copies of every single e-mail I
 recieve! Not sure why or how to fix it. I'm also trying Bat mail. Not
 sure what to think of it just yet.

 As far as Lookout Express goes, I set a rule to have all mail with
 attachments sent to the trash. I then e-mailed everyone in my add.
 book and told them not to send any attachments as it would be
 trashed. Seems to work fine. I am using Bat right now, and when I
 retrieved my mail this morning, lo and behold that damned virus was
 there! Norton caught it, but it tried to launch even though I had the
 preview mode turned off. When I checked Lookout for the virus, there
 it was happily sitting in the trash folder like all good viruses
 should ;-) I then gave it the flush and bid it farewell with no ill
 effects.

 Lisa