Re[2]: Internet Explorer & GIFs

by Nathan Lyle <natelyle(at)chartermi.net>

 Date:  Wed, 10 Oct 2001 09:55:19 -0400
 To:  Bennett Haselton <bennett(at)peacefire.org>
 Cc:  javascript <hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
> When you save the Web page and then view it locally,

I rarely if ever "save" a web page via the browser though. I'm talking
about pages edited using an html editor, that I'm just trying to view
with IE & Netscape.

> ...If you have the GIF file
> saved locally, you could try opening it in Notepad to see if it really is a
> GIF file (it should have the letters "GIF" somewhere in the first three
> bytes of the file).

I was pretty sure the images were fine (not corrupted) but I tried
what you suggested just to make sure. The first letters were "GIF"
when I opened them in Notepad.

~Nathan Lyle   (The Tragic Comedian Poet)

Email: natelyle(at)chartermi.net
Phone: (906)485-4806
  Web: www.nathanlyle.com

"The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend." - Henri Bergson (1859-1941) - French philosopher