Re: making a CD-ROM

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Fri, 21 Jun 2002 00:27:14 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> The iMAC I tried adds a tilde to the long file names
> and breaks the links.

When I have seen this myself, it's been because of the DOS formatting
on the disc or disk. DOS is limited to 8 characters plus the
extension, and will "automatically" truncate and add the squiggly. Mac
was the first to offer longer file names, so I'm sure it's not a Mac
issue.

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"People say Microsoft payed 14M$ for using the Rolling Stones song 'Start me up' in their commercials. This is wrong. Microsoft payed 14M$ only for a part of the song. For instance, they didn't use the line 'You'll make a grown man cry'."