Re: another question on macs

by Nathan Lyle <nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com>

 Date:  Thu, 27 Jun 2002 12:48:11 -0400
 To:  hwg-techniques(at)hwg.org
  todo: View Thread, Original
> Question 1: Can they open my files, created in Windows, on their Mac machine
> and edit them. Also what is the default text editor program for macs that
> comes as standard fare with their machines?

The default text editor for the Mac is Simpletext (comes with the
system) though there are several other programs you can install and
use as well. I would suggest making one extra step on your end and
saving the files in a "Mac" text format. (The difference being the
invisible control characters used for line endings and such.) I use
TextPad on my windows machine, and it lets you save in Windows, Mac or
Unix format for text files.

~ The U.P. Web Maestro (Nathan Lyle)

  E-Mail: nathan(at)upwebmaestro.com
  Online: www.upwebmaestro.com
   Phone: (906)485-4806

"Come to think of it, there are already a million monkeys on a million typewriters, and Usenet is nothing like Shakespeare." - Blair Houghton.